Friday, August 15, 2008

Its Smokey Baby





So basically I'm in Wendover sitting at a table eating (as usual) and a man comes up to me and asks me what I am doing that night. I respond annoyed that I am going to the Smokey Robinson concert. (he is an amazing singer that wrote a ton of songs for some very famous peeps for example Stevie Wonder) So the man proceeds to ask me if I want to go back stage after and meet Smokey in person. I said ya if you see me just come and grab me. I just thought that this guy was walking around trying to find people to go backstage and blah blah blah so I wasn't very nice to this dude. So I go to this concert and it was amazing! Smokey even in his old age still rocks the house "I love it when were cruisin together baby." Anyway after the show Ethan comes up to me and says are you ready to go backstage and Rose Blakelock was with me and I could tell she really wanted to meet him so I said yes and Rose and I went backstage. To my suprise It was me, Rose, Smokey, his background singers, and Smokeys family just hanging out in the back. There was also one other girl that had won a backstage pass doing some lottery thing and she was balling getting her picture taken with him and then she left. It was so funny. There was a massive table full of food and fruit and they told me to sit down and hang out. I was totally under the impression that tons of people would be back there getting autographs or whatever. Oh no no no. I got a personal chill session with the fool. I came to the conclusion (and it was obvious every time I turned around) that Smokey and Ethan (Ethan is smokeys manager btw) loved crackers with black girls asses! Hahaha Me being the cracker! Oh and when I was leaving Ethan goes "hey beautiful" heres my card and he wrote down his cell phone number on the back and said. "send me that picture and call me if you ever need anything" hahaha

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome. Even your journaling makes me laugh. What a fun opportunity. Sounds like you could be shackin' up with Smokeys manager. Ha ha!!

Kylie Blackwell said...

Oh Jess I need you in my everyday life. But since i cant have you i will settle for your blog. It cracks me up.

Ashley said...

That is a great story! Now I really know how you got the $700+ that night!

rayefan said...

Welcome to my Collin Raye world! :-)

Brittney Wimmer said...

I just looked at this post for the second time and that picture of crazy smokey is seriously creaping me out! Now I know I'm supposed to be all stoked out and excited about this nasty old half black half white guy loving your butt, but I'm still trying to figure out why you were going to the old ladies concert in the first place. This post officially makes you the craziest person I have ever known! With that said, I am really proud to be your crazy friend!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Alright, this post is embarassing me! How old is this joker? Great career or not he is creeping me out! He's like the black version of those creepy white dread ghosts on the matrix (the 3rd one I think). Only instead of trying to kill the Neo he's hunting down white girls with big butts!