Monday, September 15, 2008

Joes Trip to the Hospital








During Joe's football game on Friday night he went out for a pass and was reaching in the air and got nailed in the chest by a short stubby kids helmet causing one of Joe's lungs to partially collapse and bruise. Joe being the quiet one that he is slowly wandered off the field and on to the bench without saying a word to anyone that he was in pain or had been injured. It wasn't until it was his time to go back in when coaches noticed that he was falling in and out of conciousness on the bench. I went on the field with my mom and dad to see what was up with the fool, He was breathing so fast and shallow and was so pale! I had him lay his back and breathe in and out with me as slowly as he could and he tried that for a while but it kept getting worse to the point where he was shaking uncontrollably and passing out over and over. Finally we called an ambulance which took about 15 minutes to get there, and they put him on oxygen and cut off his clothes which was nothing new to me seeing that I went through the same scenario about six months ago. We get to the hospital and they hook him up to some IV's and take some scans, x-rays etc. That is where we found out that one of his lungs was bruised and fell lower than it should have. blah blah blah. He was ok! While this tramatic event took place I was able to snap a couple of pictures just to document for Joe his personal event. As you will see in the pictures he obviously woke up after awhile and was being very entertaining for my camera... HAHAHAH I love you JOE.... I would also like to say that all mothers better get a pass straight to heaven. Bless my mothers soul for putting up with all the heart wrenching hospital trips and most of all for putting up with these damn boys!! I'm sure those of you who have boys can relate! We love mommy's

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What the crap is wrong with your brothers? Tell them to stop torturing your poor mother like this. I'm glad Joe is okay. I'm gonna start calling you guys the cat family. I swear, you all have 9 freakin' lives!!

Linsay Jarvis said...

What I love most about those pictures is the one with Jennifer in it, she looks like she is ready to murder someone. She is a trooper. I'll certainly never forget all that she deals with each day as I one time experienced the Kruger household to the fullest. I'm sitting on the couch, 2 boys run upstairs while shooting BB guns with Q-tips at Mark, Q-tips flying everywhere. Then Erika come flying in on rollerblades and almost face plants it with Jess. I don't even want to know where everyone else was. All I can say is I love you guys Jess, oh the Krugers, they are one in a billion :)

John and Julie Kupper said...

What is the deal with your family and being near Death!! holy smokes.... the hospital must know all the boys very well by now.... I hope he is feeling better poor kid.

Meredith said...

JOOOOOOOOOE! I love you, Joe.

John and Julie Kupper said...

thank heavens for male nurses, other wise no one would be able to handle Big Joe